When do you estimate we will colonize mars?

I was watching a video about spacex new rocket today and it reminded me that musk wants us to be on mars within the next 10 years or something like that.is that a good timeframe or will colonizing mars be way further in the future?

2 Likes

I’m going to trust Musk’s word on this, and hope we colonize mars before 2030 (that’s because I’m hopeful). The thing is, even NASA haven’t got colonisation plans for the next decade, however they do at least want to get some astronauts on there. To say we could colonize on Mars in the next decade can be seen as impossible, maybe from the fact that we last put humans on the moon in 69. 50 years later, NASA now want to send some people to the far side of the moon.

Either way, we’re going to see some really amazing achievements in the next 10-20 years.

1 Like

I also believe musk will get us there sooner than we think. The fact that his rockets are still being perfected in the sense that they are very reusable is amazing. Damn how i wish The united states military budget was spent on better things like more funding for NASA and especially SpaceX. Thanks for the answer!