What's the state of Fortnite in 2019?

As of mid-2019, Fortnite has definitely settled from its massive hype, which leads to the question: what do you think is going on with Fortnite right now?

2 Likes

Well there are a lot of factors that go around this. Having played fortnite since release basically, its fair to say this game has had its share of ups and downs. In the past 6-8 months its been definitely more down. This is due to the fact that Epic games (the developers) want to appeal to a more casual player base and tend to forget or even flat out ignore its competive side. We need to remember also that fortnite is unique in the sense that no other shooter has had building in it making building one of the three pillars of the game. The three pillars are obviously building, aiming/shooting, and gamesense. Epic games at some points have made building much harder, making it easier for new players to enjoy the game and make them more money. On the positive side, the competitive team is somewhat listening now and it looks as though they are trying to make the game more fun for competitive people like myself and casuals. i feel like with the upcoming season 11, with the possibility that we might get a new map, Fortnite might be the biggest it could possibly get. The media is finally running out of things to milk out of the game and that might be a good thing imo. Even though this game isnt talked about as much, I can assure its still a thriving community filled with whiny 5 year olds,“Sweaty” tryhards like myself, and an entertaining pro scene, which if epic decides to go in the right direction, will thrive for years to come. All in all Fortnite is one of the if not the most unique game i have ever played. While seeing how it has gone sort of down hill over these past two years saddens me, i still enjoy playing it.

2 Likes

Twitch is a really good tool to use for seeing how popular a game is. Before, Fortnite was #1 nearly everyday, except when a LoL or CSGO esport game was on. Today, Fortnite is still up there but has seen a decrease in the amount of interest.

1 Like

With season 11 around the corner, its up to epic if its going to stay down below apex and D2(not saying they are bad but they aren’t too big anymore). They need to not mess up this season and listen to their community. I guarantee with a new map this upcoming season, The numbers will be back up to where they are before. All they need to do is not add game breaking updates.

1 Like